Wednesday, October 5

The Walgreens Saga Continues: Stacking Walgreens Coupons

I just posted a Walgreens deal that involves using two Walgreens coupons and a manufacturer coupon on one product.  When trying deals like this, be sure to carry a copy of Walgreens coupon policy, which contains the following statement:

When purchasing a single item, Walgreens accepts one manufacturer coupon and applicable Walgreens coupon(s) for the purchase of a single item, unless prohibited by either coupon offer.

Seems straightforward to me, but don't be surprised if you STILL run into problems.

My story...

Last week there was a similar deal with 2 Walgreens coupons and a manufacturer coupon for Mentos Up2U Gum.  The coupon from the October book beeped and the manager told me that it was because only one Walgreens coupon could be used.  Even after showing him the policy, he wouldn't budge.  The cashier on duty was nice enough to try just the coupon in the booklet.  It still beeped, proving that it was the coupon, not the fact that I was using 2 Walgreens coupons.  Still, the manager refused to help me and was downright rude.

I went home and called corporate.  The woman I spoke to couldn't answer my question about using more than one Walgreens coupon (other than recite the policy I had in front of me), but she did take notes.  The next day a different Walgreens manager from the store I visited called me.  I went in and explained the situation.  He said that they've always been told that only one manufacturer coupon and one Walgreens coupon could be used.  I couldn't prove my point because the coupon from the book still was not working.  I showed him the coupon policy, emphasizing the s on coupon(s).  He asked if I could make him a copy! (Not sure how the store doesn't have a copy of their own coupon policy!!)  In the end, he would have put the deal through for me, but I explained it wasn't about the gum.  It was about figuring out what is correct in order to avoid these issues in the future.  The manager was nice enough, but I left without much actually being resolved.

Then, today I saw the Ricola deal.  I was hesitant to post it because of my experience trying to use multiple Walgreens coupons on a product.  I decided to go back to Walgreens and experiment with the manager I spoke with last week.  What do you know?  Both coupons scanned fine!  I explained that it showed that more than Walgreens coupon could be used on a product.  I said I just wanted to make it clear that I didn't do anything wrong last week and shouldn't have been treated the way I was by the other manager.

I wish I could say this will make a difference in future Walgreens transactions, but it doesn't seem that it will.  At least I now have a Walgreens to go to for these type of transactions and a manager to put the transaction though if I'm given a hard time.

Thank you for reading.  I wanted to share my experience in case you run into a similar situation.  Good luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment