Tuesday, May 31

How to Extreme Coupon: Target Shopping, $1.22


4 Gillette Deodorants, $4.24 each
4 Gillette Body Washes, $3.49 each
Used:
4 Buy 1 Gillette Body Wash, Get 1 Gillette Deodorant Free from 5/1 P&G
4 $2/1 Gillette Deodorant 5/15 RP
TIP: When using a BOGO coupon, you can also use a coupon on the item you are not getting for free.  In this case, I was able to use a $2/1 coupon on the deodarant, since I was still "paying for it." 

...and:
4 $1/1 Gillette Body Wash TARGET Coupon from 5/1 Target P&G Insert
4 $1/1 Gillette Dedorant TARGET Coupon from 5/1 Target P&G Insert
TIP: Most stores allow you to use one manufacturer and one store coupon on each item.  This is referred to as "stacking" coupons.  When stacking coupons, hand over all your manufacturer coupons first, then your store coupons.  It helps avoid "beeps" from the registers and may result in "overage."  Overage is excess money that can be used towards other items in your order.

2 KC MasterPiece BBQ Sauces, $1.42 each
Used 2 $1/1 from 5/15 SS

Wishbone Italian Dressing, $1.89
Wishbone Western Dressing, $1.09
Used $1/2 from 5/22 RP

2 Revlon Nail Files, $1.27 each
1 Revlon Clipper, $2.24
Used:
$5/2 Revlon Beauty Tools Catalina from Previous Purchase
$2/1 Revlon Beauty Tools Catalina from Previous Purchase
$2/1 Revlon Beauty Tools TARGET STORE Catalina from Previous Purchase 

Women's T-Shirt, $2.00 on clearance
Used: $2 off Women's Top Target Web Coupon (previously available) 

Baby Shorts, $1.12 on clearance
Grabbed these thinking they'd eat up any overage I had left.  Wasn't enough...

*I didn't calculate how much I'd be getting in overage correctly so my total was actually negative.  Usually you're not allowed to go into tax, but somehow I did.
Subtotal: -$.99, Tax: $2.11, Total: $1.22

So as you can see, I had a lot of overage from my Gillette and Revlon purchases/coupons.  If I had more of those coupons, I would have had more money in overage to apply to other things I was buying.  This is how people on shows like "Extreme Couponing" end up with such large stockpiles and very little spending.

On a personal note, I do keep a stockpile of things for myself.  I also like to share my bargains with others.  My brother will be getting the body wash and deodorant.  If he can't use it all, he can pass it on to friends or donate it.  The baby shorts will go to my friend's newborn.  I'll use the Revlon products to make some gift baskets or as stocking stuffers.  The rest I'll use myself.  While I didn't need the Gillette or Revlon, it helped pay for other things I did need.  Personally, I try to pass on the things I don't need to others who do need them or can use them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment