Sunday, September 25

Walgreens Shopping, $2.64...The Saga Continues


Had another "fun" (sarcasm intended) trip to Walgreens last night/this morning around 1 a.m.  People seemed to enjoy (or at least relate to) my rants last time, so I'll continue "The Great Walgreens Saga" for you.

Thank goodness I had the amazingly nice and patient Theresa from The Coupon Commandos along with me.  Of course there was only one cashier working.  Theresa asked if the manager could check us out since we'd be doing multiple transactions, but she was "counting the safe" and wouldn't come out.  So...we let several people go ahead of us and Theresa did 4 small transactions.  It went pretty smoothly, except the Indiana Popcorn coupon would beep.  After about 5 minutes she just had the cashier take it off.

By this time, a line had formed so I stepped aside and let several people go.  The cashier asked "can I help you ma'am" in a somewhat rude way.  I explained that I was going to do multiple transactions so I was letting others go.  (Geez.)


So finally...

Transaction 1:
Schick Quattro Cartridges (4 pk), $8.99
Used $4/1 from 9/25 SS

Balance Bar, $1.59
Used $0.55/1 from 9/11 SS

2 Halloween Tumblers (fillers), $.13 each with in-ad coupon

Used $3 and $2 Register Rewards from previous shopping trips.
Subtotal: $1.20, Total: $1.97
Got back $5 RR for Schick and $1.60 RR for Balance Bar
Net cost: $.37

Transaction 2:
Remington King of Shaves Razor 5 Blade System, $4.99

W Maxi Pads (14 ct.), $2

Used $5 and $1.60 RRs from transaction 1.
Subtotal: $.39, Total: $.95
Got back $5 RR for Razor and $2 for Pads
Net cost: $.55

As I put up the items and coupons for Transaction 3, the cashier told me that I couldn't stand there all night and do this and that Register Rewards were one per visit.  I explained that was not the case and I was buying different items.  He called the manager who said what I was doing was fine.  Grrr...by now, it's on.

The guy is completely confused by now because he's trying to figure out which coupons I want to use, when I explain he hasn't given me my RRs for my last transaction and that we're about to start a new one.

Transaction 3:
Schick Quattro Cartridges (4 pk), $8.99
Used $4/1 from 9/25 SS

Balance Bar, $1.59
Used $0.55/1 from 9/11 SS 

2 Halloween Tumblers (fillers...Only needed one but by this time my head is spinning too.), $.13 each with in-ad coupon

Used $5 RR from Transaction 2.
Subtotal: $1.20, Total: $1.97
Got back $5 RR for Schick and $1.60 RR for Balance Bar
Net cost: $.37

Transaction 4:
Balance Bar, $1.59
Used $0.55/1 from 9/11 SS

2 Colgate Optic White Toothpastes (4 oz.), 2/$7.98
Used 2 $1.50/1 from 9/11 SS

Kettle Brand Chips, $1.99
Used $1/1 from 9/25 SS

2 Bags Indiana Popcorn, $1.99
Used 2 $1/1 from 9/25 SS
These beeped, but at this point, I'm standing my ground. After another call to the manager (who is still in hiding as the line grows), he is talked through how to push them through.  I try telling him that he did both, and he shushes me and tells me he's talking to the manager.  So he puts it through a third time (so basically taking an extra $1 off my order.)  When I tell him again, he says its fine and we'll just let it go.  I explained that he was acting like we were criminals the way we were using coupons so I thought I would be honest and let him know.  Oh, well, I tried.

Anyway...
Used $5 (from transaction 3) and $2 RRs (from transaction 2)
Subtotal: $1.16, Total: $1.95
Got back $6 RR for Colgate and $1.60 for Balance Bar
Net cost: $1.35

Net cost for the trip: $2.64

So how have your Walgreens trips gone lately?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment