Sunday, April 24

How to Shop Walgreens


Ready to make the most of your shopping at Walgreens?

I highly recommend that you read Walgreens Coupon Policy located here.

You can stack Walgreens store coupons (as seen in Walgreens ads or in their monthly coupon booklets located by the ads in store) with a manufacturer coupon for the same item.

Walgreens offers a variety of deals that offer Register Rewards when you purchase a product.  Register Rewards look like this:

Some things to know about Register Rewards:
-You can use them like cash on your next purchase at Walgreens.
-Because they are manufacturer coupons, Jewel-Osco also accepts them.
-You'll only earn 1 register reward per each product in each transaction.
For example, this week there is a $3 Register Reward offered on Stayfree Maxi Pads.  If I buy 2, I will only get 1 $3 Register Reward.  This week there is also a $4 Register Rewards offer if you buy Luster toothpaste.  If I buy Stayfree and Luster, I will get a $3 Register Rewards and a $4 Register Rewards because they are different products.
-Register Rewards do not roll on products made by the same company.
That means I can not use my $3 Register Reward from Stayfree to buy more Stayfree.  It will not print another Register Reward.  Because Luster is made by a different company, I can use my $3 Stayfree Register Reward toward my purchase of Luster and I will still get my $4 Luster Register Reward.
-Per Walgreens Coupon Policy, you can not use more manufacturer coupons than items you're purchasing.
So, if I'm going to buy the Luster toothpaste and want to use both a coupon for Luster and my $3 Register Rewards (which remember is a manufacturer coupon), I need to throw in a "filler" item (something cheap like a pencil).  Now I have 2 items in order to use my 2 manufacturer coupons.

Ready for an example?

This week's ad shows that if you buy Stayfree Maxi Pads (14, 16, or 24 pack) for $2.99, you'll get a $2.99 Register Rewards good on your next purchase which is like getting it free.  What's better than free?  Getting "paid" to buy it!

There are a couple places you can find $1 off any Stayfree product coupons.  You can print the coupon here or find it in 3/27RP (March 27 Redplum newspaper insert).

Now you're paying $1.99 and getting a $3 Register Rewards back.

It's like "making" $1.  Because Jewel accepts Register Rewards, I'll often use them towards my grocery purchase.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome me and my husband just got into using coupons and have started shopping at walgreens but its like 20 miles away from us so we only go if we have an appointment in that area to save on gas but we have learned that walmart in our town price matches walgreens sales walmart had pepsi for 1.25 for two liters walgreens had them for .88 cents limit 3 well we took our walgreens paper to walmart and showed them and we got three 2 liter pepsis for .88 cent we are so exicted about. It we have been telling our friends about it

    ReplyDelete