Monday, May 2

How to Make the Most of Online Shopping


I'm super excited!  The gift cards I ordered from Plastic Jungle (blogged about here) arrived today.  This inspired me to write this piece.

There are three things you can do to make the most of your online shopping!
1.  Buy discounted gift cards for stores your regularly shop at online or in-store.  (Plastic Jungle is a great place to start!)
2.  Search for promotion codes for percentages off your order and/or free shipping. (Or you can wait for me to post them!) :)
3.  Go through ebates or ShopatHome for additional money back.

Let's look at a Scenario.  Hypothetically, let's say I'm shopping at Kohls.com.
1.  Let's pretend I have a Kohl's gift card I bought on Plastic Jungle at a 14% discount (the current rate offered). 
2.  Now let's say I want to buy an item at Kohls.com that costs $100.  Pretend I have a promotion code for 20% off and free shipping (as we saw last week.)  That means my item will only cost $80.
3.  If I go through ebates or ShopatHome, I'll earn 4% back, which is $3.20 cents.
4.  Since I bought my gift card at a 14% discount, I only paid $68.80 for $80 Kohls credit.  Subtract the $3.20 I'll get back from ebates or ShopatHome and the net cost of my "$100 item" is $65.60!  Those small percentages do add up!

HAPPY (ONLINE) SHOPPING! :)

1 comment: