Friday, March 30

Dollar General Shopping, 14 CENTS!


This was a VERY confusing shopping trip, as things did not ring up as I expected and coupons were not scanning properly, but the ladies at the Chillicothe, IL Dollar General location were amazing!  Here goes:

Shout Stain Remover, $2.50
Used $1/1 Dollar General Store Printable (no longer available?)
Used $.75/1 from Tearpad (Found at Walmart ages ago.)

Kleenex facial Tissue, $1.00
Used $1/1 coupon from writing to company

3 Prego Traditional Pasta Sauces, $.37 each
Used $1/3 from 2/26 SS
These were in a cart marked 50% off and marked $1 each.  I expected them to be $.50 each, but they rang up $.75, then took off another $.38!  Sweet!  After my coupon, that makes each jar just 4 cents!

6 Mentos Gum, $.32 each
Used 6 $.55/1 from 2/5 SS
These were also in the cart marked 50% off.  They were marked $1.30 each.  I expected them to be $.65 each, but after ringing up at $.65 each, the register took another $.33 off each!  The coupons went through fine at $.55 so that gave me overage!

At this time the register said that they owed me money.  I threw in:
RainBlo Gum (not pictured), also from the clearance cart which came up $.35-$.18.  New new total was -$.01.  At this time, the cashiers just GAVE ME A PENNY!

They were having trouble getting the $2/2 Glade products printable coupon to go through for my:
2 Glade Solids, $1 each.
We did a separate transaction for them.  They pushed it through as 2 $1/1 coupons and I paid $.15 (tax).  That made my net cost 14 cents for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment