Wednesday, December 19

"App"y Savings: Bargain Apps for your Smartphone


Featured App:

Gyft:  This app is very similar to Wrapp.  It allows you to send Facebook friends FREE (and paid) gift cards.  When I downloaded it on 12/19/12, I was even given a FREE $5 GAP gift card to use in store!

(Thanks, Hip2Save!)

Master List of Past Featured Apps:

GasBuddy.com: Use this app to find cheap gas!  You can have it use your current location to compare gas prices, or type in a city or zip code.  I've saved a lot using this app!

Ibotta: Use this app to earn money for shopping at Target, Walmart, and Walgreens!  Simply look through the offers, complete simple tasks (watch an ad, take a poll, learn a fact, etc), buy the item(s), and take a picture of your receipt!  This can be combined with coupons!  For example, I bought MiO at Walmart for $3.78.  I used a $1/1 printable coupon and earned $1.75 from Ibotta, making the net cost just $1.03!

Key Ring: With this app, you can scan and store your loyalty cards!  You can also join new programs and get exclusive coupons and discounts.

Michael's: I don't know about you, but I always forget to print my Michael's coupons.  With this app, they're always on my phone, ready to use!

Old Navy's Snap Appy App:  Available on the App Store.  Once downloaded, snap a picture of the Old Navy logo (online, in store, wherever you find it)!  A wheel will spin and you can win one of many surprises!  Within a couple days of trying out this App, I won a $5/$25 purchase coupon and a $5 off a purchase coupon!  I used my $5 coupon to score a 12 oz Reusable Coffee Cup for absolutely FREE!  You can "spin" 10 times a day!

ShopKick: Earn "kicks" when walking into stores like Target, Best Buy, Old Navy, Toys R Us and more.  Earn more "kicks" when you scan certain bar codes.  "Kicks" can be redeemed for gift cards and more!

Viggle: Available on the App Store.  With Viggle, you get rewarded for watching TV!  Simply "check in" to TV shows on your phone and earn points towards prizes (mostly gift cards)!  Since I've joined, I've been earning an average of about 2,000 points a day.  I earn most of them by "checking in" to the "Featured Shows" that offer more points and by "watching" ads. (I really just play them with the volume off while I work on other things.)  Most $5 gift cards are 9,000 points, so you can easily earn one or two of those a week!  Gift cards change, but some of my favorites that have been available include Best Buy, CVS, JCP, Old Navy, Starbucks, and more!  I LOVE this App and hope you do too!

Wrapp: Use this app to give your Facebook friends FREE (or paid) gift cards!  Once you've downloaded the app, click the W+ tab in the bottom left corner to choose a friend.  When their picture pops up, you should be able to scroll under to "wrapp a new gift."  I've been able to send FREE $5 gift cards for Gap, H&M, Sephora, and more.  I suggest having a friend sign up too, so that you can send each other gift cards.  If the one you want isn't available today, try again tomorrow.  The gift cards are redeemed right off your phone.

If you have a favorite app that helps you in your bargain lifestyle, please comment below, on the Bargain Barton Facebook Page, or e-mail me at erin.barton80@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment