Thursday, May 17

Bizarre Dominick's Shopping Trip, $2.05


It's no secret that Dominick's and I are NOT friends.  They do, however, pull me in with some good deals and freebies now and again.  Today was no different.  It started with a simple mission, which inevitably turned into a headache, but in a strange change of events, turned out not too bad!

The Mission:
Buy 2 Simply Orange Juices for $1.48 each after rain check and coupons, a 3lb Box of Jenni-O Turkey Burgers for $3.49 after Just4U and coupon, and a Starbucks Refreshers (Free on my Just4U).

The Headache:
After about 45 minutes in the store searching for the 3 things on my list (which included 2 trips to customer service and 2 trips back to the aisles to get things I was told they had that they didn't), I found that I was trading in my last rain check for 2 new rain checks.

The Outcome:
After rain check and coupons, my 2 bottles of Simply Orange came to $3.05.  At the self-checkout I was venting (okay, complaining) about how I spent 45 minutes there and was just using a rain check for something they didn't have last time and getting 2 new ones for items they don't have this time.  I was actually given a sincere apology and told to grab a bouquet of flowers on my way out for the trouble!  ...And to top things off, apparently someone left their Catalina coupons because there was one for $1.00 off you next shopping order hanging out of the machine!  So my final net cost was only $2.05!

No comments:

Post a Comment