Sunday, May 6

Target Shopping, $19.29 Money Maker (in Gift Cards)!


I took advantage of the Buy 3 select Nivea products, get a $5 Target gift card promo!  Remember, the products have to cost more than $5 total before coupons for the register to prompt the gift card.  I broke every 3 into a transaction so that I could roll the gift cards, meaning use the first gift card for the 2nd transaction, etc.

I did the following transaction 8 times:
2 Nivea Creme tins (1 oz), $.87 each
1 Nivea Extended Moisture (1.7 oz), $3.59
Used $2/1 from 4/29 RP
Subtotal: $3.33, Total: $3.36
Got back $5 gift card, making each transaction a $1.64 money maker!
$13.12 money maker for 8 transactions!

I did the following transaction 7 times:
2 Nivea Creme tins (1 oz), $.87 each
1 Nivea Extended Moisture Daily Lotion (13.5 oz), $4.22
Used $2/1 from 4/29 RP
Subtotal: $3.96, Total: $4.04
Got back $5 gift card, making each transaction a $0.96 money maker!
$6.72 money maker for 7 transactions!

...and this transaction once, because my brother wanted the "for Men" lotion!
2 Nivea Creme tins (1 oz), $.87 each
1 Nivea for Men Maximum Hydration Daily Lotion (13.5 oz), $5.39
Used $2/1 from 4/29 RP
Subtotal: $5.13, Total: $5.55
Got back $5 gift card, making this transaction a net cost of $0.55!

After all transactions, I came out ahead $19.29!

6 comments:

  1. When you rolled each gift card did you just use the $5 go to pay each transaction? And then leave the remaining balance on each card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I would use the remaining balance and then scan the full value one for the remaining balance. That way I had multiple $5 ones left when I was done. There's no right or wrong way though.

      Delete
    2. Great! I am trying this tomorrow. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Did you do this transactions 1 at a time or can we buy 6 items in 1 transaction

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the first Target, I did transactions 1 at a time at Customer Service. At the 2nd one, I did them all together. I just grouped the Nivea into 3s (1 bottle and 2 tins) so the register would prompt a gift card after each. It looks like the tins may no longer be included in the promo though. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for reply.U r lucky.Yesterday I went to eagan MN target location and took 1 tin of .99,1 nivea lotion 4.22,1 lip care 2.24 and they didnt giv any gift card when I asked him he said there is no prompt and checked again..So I checked at customer service she also said the same thing. I told them some target stores hav already given.So the manager said no all target its the same.So finally no gift card.I returned the products and came back.

      Delete