Friday, June 1

Quiznos: Another Day, Another Rant


So last Thursday my boyfriend and I were hoping to use the the great Quiznos coupon I had posted about.  We popped by the Quiznos in Waukegan, IL at 8:30 pm, only to find it locked.  The hours on the door clearly said they were open until 9pm.  We saw an employee so my boyfriend knocked and the employee shooed us away!  Me being me, I called corporate.  They were apologetic, took my information, and said I should hear from the manager.  I asked how long it would take and was told usually 2-3 business days.

Fast forward to today, 8 days later.  I called corporate to follow up.  They sent another message to the store and said I should hear back within 2 business days.  Surprisingly the manager, "Steve," called me within a couple hours.  He apologized for the employee and said he gave him a "stern warning."  Ooooooh.

He went on to ask if I had ever been to his store before and that if I came in during the day when he was there, he would "take care of me."  I explained that I had been there once before with a Groupon and the employee had complained about how they were losing money with that deal.  He laughed and said yes they did.  He said Quiznos comes out with too many coupons and they lose money.

I explained that it really turned me off to be given a guilt trip to use a coupon.  He tried giving a sob story about how times are hard.  I told him then they shouldn't be locking the doors before closing time and turning customers away.

Again, he offered to "take care of me" personally if I came in during a day when he was there.  I questioned what that meant and he said "maybe (he) would give me a free drink or something."  I laughed and said no thanks, that I would write on my blog about his store and post on yelp and other review sites.  He then practically begged me to come in and told me how valuable my time was.  I told him that if he felt that way, he would have called me back the first time I called corporate instead of making me call a second time and be on hold for 23 minutes.  He kept pleading, but by then I'd had enough and told him no thanks and hung up.

Now, I don't want to give all Quiznos a bad name because I know they're franchise owned.  What have your experiences been?  Personally I won't be visiting any more, as this is the only once close to me.  Are there others still interested in their coupons?

No comments:

Post a Comment