Saturday, April 28

Dollar General Shopping, $2.35


You know I couldn't resist the $5/$25 Dollar General coupon!  I got:

3 Zyrtec Allergy (5 ct), $5.50 each
Used 3 $4/1 from 4/29 RP

3 Nivea Body Wash (8.4 oz), $2.50 each
Used 3 $2/1 from 4/29 RP

Frank's Hot Sauce (5 oz), $1.00
Used $.35/1 printable

Used $5/$25 coupon first
Subtotal after all coupons: $1.65, Total: $2.35

...And while it took a little while to scan the coupons and the whole "purchase vs. transaction" conversation took place, this was a very smooth transaction.  Then, I got home and saw this:


Yup, one Zyrtec expired 03/12 and one 05/10!  YIKES!  The third one is still good for another couple months....till 06/12.  Goodie.  I didn't check before I bought them because they had them behind the counter.  These were what he cashier gave me.  To the store's credit, I called and they checked their stock.  Since they all expire by 06/12, they're going to give me a refund.  This may turn into a money maker, as stores typically refund the cost prior to manufacturer coupons (which they should unless I get my coupons back).

No comments:

Post a Comment