Sunday, April 22

Dollar General Shopping, $7.70


Sorry, I didn't get a chance to post this one yesterday!

So, Dollar General drew me in again with their $5/$25 coupon yesterday.  I keep trying different locations hoping things will run more smoothly.  No such luck.  The best quote from this trip was "I don't think you can use this coupon because it's on clearance."  I ever so nicely responded "So?"  But...after 2 attempts and a long line forming, I finally got the following after handing over the $5/$25 coupon first (valid 4/21 only):

4 Wisk Laundry Detergents, $4 each
Used 4 $2/1 from 3/25 RP

Lysol Bathroom Cleaner, $3
Used $1/1 from tearpad previously found at Dollar General.

4 Reach Fresh & Clean Toothbrushes, Clearance priced $1 each
Used 4 $1/1 from 3/4 RP (Ended up being adjusted down to $.81 each because the $5/$25 coupon takes an amount off each item.)


Nivea Body Wash, $2.50
Used $2/1 from 4/15 RP

Subtotal: $6.26, Total: $7.70

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it such a drag to shop Dollar General? I have the same trouble, so I wrote the company. Never heard back though. My local cashiers are very sweet & try very hard - but oh man oh man, it's never smooth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me! I think a lot of the issue is their registers.

      Delete