Tuesday, April 3

Attempted Dollar General Shopping, $6.69


I say ATTEMPTED Dollar General shopping because this shopping trip did not go at all how it was planned.  I see other people post their amazing Dollar General shopping trips, so I keep giving them a try.  Yet in my experience, Dollar General after Dollar General has trouble ringing up coupons correctly.  For example, the register would only take one of my Libby's coupons.  We had to cancel the whole order, then ring up 4 cans, scan a coupon, ring up 4 cans, scan a coupon, and so on.  But, I digress.

Here's what my shopping trip should have looked like:

12 Libby's Canned Vegetables, $.50 each
Used 3 $1/4 from 3/18 RP

2 Lysol, 2/$5
Used 2 $1/1 from tearpad by product

Scrubbing Bubbles, $2.50
Used $1/1 from 3/25 SS
AND $1/1 Store Printable (no longer available)

3 Fantastik, $1.50 each
Used 4 $.75/1 from 3/25 SS

Subtotal should have been $8.75, but I got charged $9.75 plus tax, for a total of $10.69.  After studying my receipt, I went back in and tried to explain the errors.  Somehow a few products got "returned" and I got $8.06 cash back.  Then those items were rung up again and coupons applied (some again and one that was missed) and I paid $4.06...so $10.69 paid, minus $8.04 cash back, minus $4.04 paid, for net cost of $6.69!

I should have paid more, but by this time my head was spinning and the manager obviously didn't know what he was doing either.

No comments:

Post a Comment